Investment Associate, Flat6Labs Cairo
Flat6Labs Cairo Investment Associate is responsible for assisting in management and oversight of FAC portfolio managed by Flat6Labs Cairo. This entails researching technology sectors, speaking with founders of growing knowledge-economy companies, executing financial analysis, and helping structure and price transactions. A dynamic role for a passionate individual that is keen on entrepreneurship and new technologies.
- Manage deal prospects from first conversation through term sheet to deal close, coordinating resources to assess and close the deal.
- Lead and coordinate deal analysis, financial modeling, and the due diligence process.
- Form hypotheses on investment opportunities based on both key facts and market intuition
- Create clear and concise investment memos to the investment committee.
- Continually monitor and investigate macro and micro industry trends to recommend new sectors of technology for evaluation and potential investment.
- Liaise with regional teams for oversight on portfolios in different locations.
- Assess growth opportunities for Flat6Labs.
- Help build Flat6Labs network of regional VCs and investors.
- Attend conferences and tradeshows to investigate companies and industries.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital or private equity
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business or Engineering obtained from an accredited institution
- MBA or other related field (e.g., MSc in Finance) is strongly preferred
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills (with an emphasis on valuation and corporate finance skills)
- Passion for technology-enabled businesses disrupting the status quo
- Demonstrable interest in investing
- Motivated, hardworking team player
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills for deal analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with entrepreneurs
- Excellent English language skills
- Get the chance to work with high potential for growth startups and bright entrepreneurs
- Exposure to different local, regional and international investors and VCs
- Engage in the buzzing startup community in the Egypt and MENA region
- Work in an environment supporting creativity and proactivity, and be a part of a small dynamic team
- Competitive salary